Thermal camera is an advance technology device that forms an image using infra-red radiation, similar to a common camera that forms an image using visible lights. But, instead of the 450-750 manometer range of the visible light camera, infra-red cameras operate in wavelengths as long as 14,000 nm. In other words, infra-red camera is able to see things that normal eyes can’t see.
Thermo-graphic surveillance (Infra-red) is the new generation in home inspection industry. Many hidden defects could be detected through thermal imaging such as;
- Unknown plumbing leaks,
- Water and moister accumulation behind the walls that could lead to mold,
- Hidden roof leaks,
- Missing, damaged or wet insulation;
- Heat loss and air infiltration in walls, ceilings, floors, windows and doors;
- Damaged or malfunctioning of radiant heating system or floor heating,
- Electrical deficiencies;
- Overloaded circuits and breakers;
- Furnace and heat pump blockage,
- Some structural defects.
All our home inspection services, whether is a Pre-Sale or Pre-Purchase inspection, it includes the infra-red camera inspection service on all areas that are suspicious and requires more attention... at No extra charge.
(A full Thermo-Graphic inspection with a full report is entirely different process and is usually used forEnergy Auditing inspection.)
Call us for more details on Thermo-Graphic inspection.